Home     About Me     For Sale     Family     Cookbook     front porch beauty photography     Projects

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Fruits and Veggies

The death of an apple tree. Sad. This is what's left.

But on the bright side, this apple tree wood makes our charcoal grill smell good and food taste a bit sweeter!

My blackberries and veggies are doing great! I'm so excited and ready for some fresh garden veggies. And when they're ripe, my munchkins will go out and pick them and eat them straight out of the garden and the blackberries right off the vine. At least they're getting some veggies in somehow!!

My peas. Yum! I am getting ready to plant some more in order to, hopefully, freeze some. Although, that's not likely because we eat them as they're ready, and it takes A LOT of peas to make up a batch!!

Funny short story about peas: My son hates peas.....cooked ones anyway. He will eat and eat and eat frozen peas. I have to get them in whatever I'm making before he eats them all!! But getting him to eat cooked peas is a battle that's not very fun! But at least he's eating them, I guess!

We have tomatoes! Yay!! Can't wait for BLTs, which will be eaten a lot during tomato season. I can never get tired of BLTs (can't say the same of my family, though!) with fresh tomatoes, lettuce from the garden and smoked bacon from the butcher. MMMMMMM........my mouth is watering!! We have several of these little beauties growing bigger every day.


Our blackberries. We don't have enough to make any jelly. I'll have to go picking elsewhere for that (which I do plan to do this year!). But they are so sweet and yummy and don't last long in this house. In fact, they usually don't even make it to the house, except to get washed!

I love fruit and veggie growing season. It's so tasty....and healthy! Yum!



Keeping things fun,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...