Home     About Me     For Sale     Family     Cookbook     front porch beauty photography     Projects

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Meatloaf Burgers with Grilled Pineapple and Cukes and Onions

OK, so these pictures didn't really turn out very well, but you get the picture!

These are cucumbers out of my Aunt's garden and onions in ranch dressing. Love this!


These are meatloaf burgers with grilled pineapple. They were very delicious! I made them kind of oblong because we had some hotdog buns that needed used. I got this recipe out of my Mary Janes Farm magazine.

Meatloaf Burgers with Grilled Pineapple
2 T unsalted butter
1/2 medium onion, peeled and finely diced
2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced (I used 1-1 1/2 tsp garlic salt)
1 medium celery rib, finely diced
1 lb. ground beef
1 large egg, slightly beaten
1/4 C milk
1/2 C bread crumbs
2 tsp prepared mustard
2 tsp fresh thyme, minced (I used ground thyme.)
1/4 C cilantro or parsley, minced (I used about 2-3 T dried cilantro)
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
salt and pepper to taste
pineapple slices

1. Saute onion, garlic and celery in butter in a large skillet over medium heat for 3 minutes. (Don't add the garlic if using the salt.)
2. In large bowl, mix together sauteed vegetables and remaining ingredients, except for pineapple. Let veggies cool a little so they don't cook the egg.
3. Form into patties and fry or grill burgers over medium heat until done. Grill or fry sliced pineapple alongside for about 4 minutes per side. ( I just grilled them for about 1 minute or so they got good grill marks on each side so they were still a little cold inside.)

Enjoy!
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...