Here is another recipe for making your own cleaning products. This one is for dishwasher detergent. All you need is baking soda, borax, citric acid, rice and white vinegar. It's really simple, quick to make and works really well. I've been using it for a couple of weeks now and I really like it.
1 C Borax
1/2 C Baking Soda
1/2 C course salt (kosher salt or sea salt)
1/4 C rice
1 - 5 oz. jar of citric acid (found with the canning supplies)
1/2 C course salt (kosher salt or sea salt)
1/4 C rice
1 - 5 oz. jar of citric acid (found with the canning supplies)
Mix the Borax, baking soda and salt (to break up the food) together in a bowl. Add the rice and mix (this keeps the citric acid from blobbing up but some of it has an anticaking agent in it). Add the entire jar of citric acid and mix well. Add 1/2 to 3/4 tablespoon to the cup where the soap goes. Put the vinegar in the hole where you would put Jet Dry. We learned about the salt and citric acid here. Your dishes will come out squeaky clean!
TIP: In the post about the homemade laundry soap, I told you that I use Fels-Naptha bar soap. I decided to try to chop it up in my old blender and it works really well. But if you do that you probably should use that for only soap or your food might taste and smell like soap. Yuck! Also, I was getting most of the soap out of the blender and then washing it in the dishwasher. Well, we started getting white stuff all over our dishes and we've finally decided that it was the Fels-Naptha soap that was doing it. I've not washed it in the dishwasher for a couple of weeks now and the white cloud has gone away. So if you chop it up in a machine, I would recommend washing it by hand.
Keeping Things Fun!
Jess
No comments:
Post a Comment