I am one step closer to getting Christmas items made....woo hoo!! These are some felt food items that I made for E to go along with these 2 little grocery bags. I decided to make these because she got a shopping cart for her birthday last month and she loves pushing it around.

I found this
tutorial here at Serving Pink Lemonade. She has really cute things to make. They were very easy to make and just the right size for E's little hands. They could be made to be any size with a little adjustment.

M&M's. E loves m&m's! I did it the really simple way. I traced around a puzzle piece 'm' that we have and cut it out and stitched it on one piece of felt, then I cut out 2 rectangles from some yellow felt and sewed around 3 edges leaving one short side open to get the m&m's out. I just cut out ovals from different colors of felt and stitched little M's on them. I just did one of each color so I may make more later. I'm hoping she doesn't actually try to eat them! I'll have to keep an eye on that.

These carrots turned out really cute. You can find the
tutorial here at 3inunder3. I used felt for these and they turned out great.

I saw a picture of these on a site when I was looking for felt food tutorials. I just free handed the egg shape and traced around something small and round for the yolk. First, I cut out 2 pieces of white egg for each one. Then I sewed one yolk on one piece of egg white leaving a small hole. I stuffed a little bit of stuffing inside and finished sewing around it. Then I sewed around the edge of the whites....no turning needed as felt does not unravel. You could just use 1 white part but I thought it gave it a little more to hang onto with 2 layers.

I found the pattern for these cute little strawberries
here. Just trace around the patterns and cut them out. Use some embroidery floss and a needle to tie french knots all over each red piece to make seeds. I cannot make french knots for the life of me, so I just made little bitty pluses. Put right sides together and sew along the straight edge. Turn inside out and stuff with a little stuffing. Hand stitch around the top, like the carrot tutorial shows you, to close. I tied a piece of green through the center of the green top to make a kind of stem and then hot glued the green top to the top of the strawberry.

And last, I made some chocolate chip cookies. I traced around dimes to make the chips and around a cup to make the cookie. Again, I used 2 layers of cookie to make it a little thicker. Sew the chips onto one layer of cookie then sew around both layers to finish them off. I only made 2 and I know I will have to make more or there will be fighting....ya know, 3 kids, 2 cookies....doesn't work out so well!! I had the pieces all cut out for these cookies one night and the next day I couldn't find part of them.....the cat decided he needed to play with them. I did find them, though, so I could finish them!!
More Christmas posts to come and only 1 week to go....eeek!!
Keeping Things Fun!
Jess
No comments:
Post a Comment