Home     About Me     For Sale     Family     Cookbook     front porch beauty photography     Projects

Monday, June 14, 2010

Not So Tarnished Silver Anymore

I'd gotten a box of old silverware that I thought was pretty at a garage sale. And also because my husband once mentioned at a restaurant that he liked the knives because the spreadable part was really wide......apparently he doesn't remember that because he wasn't impressed!! Anyway, they were tarnished, as old silver does and I found this solution for my problem on Serena's Blog of The Farm Chicks (www.thefarmchicks.com).

I didn't get a before picture (don't know what I was thinking!), but you can kind of see that the tips of the spoons are tarnished. Solution: Get a deep pan and line it with foil. Sprinkle baking soda on top of them, just so they're covered.


Pour boiling water over the top just so everything is covered. The reaction will bubble.


Here it is bubbling! You can see it a little on the left of the photo. Just thought it would make a neat photo!!


Just a few seconds in and you can already see the change.


And ta-da! All beautiful and silver. Oh, did I mention that it smells??!!! It does....wouldn't recommend standing too close! But it works great with no chemicals at all.....hooray!


Keeping Things Fun!
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...