Home     About Me     For Sale     Family     Cookbook     front porch beauty photography     Projects

Monday, February 28, 2011

A Place For All The Papers

I'm sure a lot of you get this from school and other activities, too.....A LOT OF PAPERS!! I try to keep the important ones together. Usually in a pile on the kitchen table. As you can imagine, that system usually doesn't end up working out so well. So I'd seen on someone's blog (sorry I don't remember where) where they'd put just clothesline string in some clothespins and screwed them to the wall. So I decided to make one of my own style. 

First, I had the kids paint several clothespins just for some extra pretties.



 Next, I cut several strips about 1/2 inch thick out of some fabric that I liked and had some left over scraps of.

Then, I sewed them into 3 long strips with right sides together.


I tied the 3 strips in a knot at one end and stuck it down in from the top as I spread the 2 pieces apart from the spring and tucked it down inside the spring.

Of course, E had to have her picture taken like she always does when I'm not actually taking pictures of her!!


 These are a couple of pictures of the end tucked down into the spring.


Then I put a big safety pin into the end and safety pinned it to something secure (ya know, like we did when we made friendship bracelets when we were younger!) and braided it all the way to the other end. I tied another knot and stuck that end into another clothespin.

I ended up cutting it in half and making two lines because of where I decided to put it. I also ended up putting a yellow line on a yellow wall! I probably should have decided where to put it before I chose my fabric!! Oh, well! I also put an extra clothespin in the center to help give it a little extra hold.

I had the hubby screw the clothespins into the wall with the braided line taught.

And last, I used the painted clothespins that the kids painted to hang up those important papers that I need to keep track of.

It turned out very cute and useful and works very well!


Keeping Things Organized (sort of!)!
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...